MyDNAge - estimating my biological age with epigenetic metrics part 1

I recently discovered one of my next biohacks.
To measure my biological age has been a curious hypothetical thing I've been interested in lately for many reasons besides curiosity. There are several scientific approaches to this.
I've done the bio-impedance estimate of metabolic age which estimated me at 28 years of age.
I'm now 43.

But the activity of my genes should be a more accurate one right?
This is based on "the Horvarth clock".
It measures methylation levels on certain so-called CPG-islands. Essentially it is a epigenetic measurement that has been proposed by researchers like David Sinclair to estimate biological age.

Should I be nervous?
Luckily although I am an open minded person, I am also a healthy and intelligent sceptic.
So I will take this with a grain of salt. (That is unless I get estimated below an age of 28).

https://www.mydnage.com/

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-analysis/company-sells-a-biological-age-kit-31143

To be continued...

Comments

Popular Posts